Monday, July 20, 2009

IST 601 Pros and Cons

I will be quite frank. The class was not for me. While yes the games were entertaining, the powerpoints were nice, there was nothing new there for me to learn. I attribute that more to my varied background. I was brought up with a theatre background, singing almost constantly until I went to college. There I obtained a physics degree, as well as a minor in East Asian Studies. Not to mention one credit short of having a minor in creative writing. So a hard science background with a plethora of creative energy. Not to mention I enjoy writing for fun.
Thus the focus of 601, which was creativity and innovation, I found mundane. Yet, as I said, that was for me. Others might learn much and I'm sure they have but it is certainly not for everyone.
Yet there were some positive points. The card game for instance was fun and once the rules were explained. The amount of time I think could've been a bit less but that's my opinion. The group work helps people in multiple ways. Communication, learning, presentation and more.
My main issue is besides the creativity and innovation ( which I had already) I do not see a point for the class unless it is the case where such things are lacking in most people. I will be quite honest, I do not know most of humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment